Monday, June 12, 2006

Weekend

I hope that this will be a few short reflections; but somehow, I doubt it will actually turn out that way.


I returned today from a weekend up in Chagrin Falls at my internship site. I got to spend some quality time with my supervisor and his family plus the current intern as well as the congregation. I went up on Saturday and hung out a bit. Sunday morning, I worshiped with the congregation and was introduced. Then that afternoon, Dave, the current intern, and I went to lunch. Following lunch, I somehow got roped into helping set up for the congregation picnic which I went to last night. That was pretty cool. One of the Remax hot air balloons was at the picnic (two people in the congregation, a married couple, are remax realtors) and they gave tethered rides. You know, I grew up around balloons and have been to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta I don’t know how many times and it takes me moving to Ohio and going to a church picnic to actually go up in one!




This weekend made me a bit more excited about internship. There was one thing that was sort of interesting for me though. My supervisor, Rob, always introduces me as Pastor Kate. He’s also quick to say that I’ll be the next intern, that I’m Intern Pastor Kate, but I’m Pastor Kate to a lot of people, particularly his kids. Hearing the title in front of my name is sort of odd. It isn’t odd in a bad way, but just odd. I think I was way more comfortable with Chaplain Kate for the past year. But there is something about being Pastor Kate that makes me pause for a second and realize that I am taking the next step and will be part of the pastoral team. It’s not bad, just different I suppose.


More reflections later... but for now I’m thinking bed is a good thing.


Kate

No comments: