Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tired

Ok, so most of you know that I'm usually tired (hence my e-mail address... tiredkate). But I've gotten better about getting more sleep and I have usually been pretty rested this summer. But now I'm tired again and looking forward to a nap this afternoon and sleeping in tomorrow.

I was in New York at Koinonia Lutheran Camp for a wedding over the weekend. It was a good weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My friends John and Andrea got married. They are truly a good couple. The ceremony was outside at the outdoor chapel on the camp grounds. John and Andrea said their vows surrounded by the people they love and lots of trees.

I also preached Sunday morning for worship. It well. I'm always a little Leary when people tell me they liked the sermon. There are some sermons that I feel that comment is applicable. But there are other sermons where I think, "Aren't you a little shook up by that? You liked the sermon? You liked that the text tells you you screwed up? Ok... did you really pay attention to what I just said?" I'm not sure. But when people come up and tell me that it was powerful or it moved them in a particular way or whatever, I think I am more inclined to believe them. It doesn't seem like they are simply trying to be polite.

Speaking of reactions, I also preached today in chapel here at Trinity. I preached almost the same sermon but I cut some stuff out and altered some stuff to make it a bit more right for the seminary community. I found the reactions here interesting, most people here simply said thank you. I rarely hear that out in the congregation. I'm not sure why that is... I have a few theories, but nothing concrete.

Ok, now for the medical update of the day. I am still having headaches every day, some days are worse than others though. Also, by Sunday afternoon, it seems that whatever is/was in my sinuses decided to drain so I now have a runny/stuffy nose in addition to some headaches. It seems to be getting better today, so I'm hoping that we're nearing the end of the drainage. I'm tired of blowing my nose and sleeping with one side of my nose all stuffed up.

I think that's enough for today. More later.

Kate

No comments: