Sunday, August 27, 2006

And So It Begins...

Internship has begun. I moved into my house (it has four bedrooms... two stories... it’s amazing) on Wednesday afternoon after packing and cleaning for three and a half hours in Columbus that morning. I spent some time unpacking that evening and finally crashed sometime after 1:00 AM. I got up at 8 the next morning and spent some more time unpacking... particularly electronics. Friday I left for a council retreat at Camp Mowana, my first official act as an intern. After an overnight and full day of meeting with the council, I returned home Saturday night (last night) exhausted. I went to Chagrin Falls proper for dinner with my parents and then went to bed in an effort to prepare for this morning. After two church services and a church picnic, I finally was able to come back here and take a three and a half hour nap. Plus, this morning at second service there was a baptism and in addition to the church picnic following second service, there was a wedding at the church at 12:30 and the reception followed at the church. It was nuts, but it was good. I think this is going to be a good year. The council at this church is comprised of incredible people and I am very happy to be working with them. The entire congregation is very welcoming and my supervisor is awesome. I’m a little bit nervous about some things simply because it is a new experience. But now that I’m here, I’m far less nervous about things than I was before moving. We’ll see what happens.


In the meantime, I will post some pictures of the falls which give Chagrin Falls its name.


Kate

No comments: