Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hmmmm...

So I feel like I should write. I’m feeling somewhat contemplative, but not really sure what to contemplate. I wonder if that makes any sense at all. Oh well.


So it’s still hot here in Ohio. My air conditioner is struggling to keep up... it’s bad. I believe that either tomorrow or the next day will bring some much needed storms which will break the heat wave. But we’ll see.


I’m back to a funky mood. Kind of bored, supposed to be writing sermons and just not able to get myself there. I spent many hours in the lab today attempting to write my sermon for Sunday. My consciousness told me that I need to get it written by tomorrow at the latest. My subconscious said that it was on Wednesday and I wasn’t preaching until Sunday. Bad mix, bad mix. So I got about a page and a half out today... probably three fourths of the way or a third of the way done by now. Hoping for some inspiration tomorrow. Perhaps passion is the right word. I know where I’m going with this sermon, but my passion for writing it just wasn’t there... just feeling kind of complacent. Bad, bad place to be. It’ll get done... it always gets done.


In another medical update, the results from my blood work and MRI came back Monday. The blood work was normal and my brain function on the MRI was normal. However, I apparently have a lot of sinus pressure. So now I’m on antibiotics in an effort to get rid of the headaches (which I’m still having). So, after two days on the antibiotics, still having headaches... hoping that by the time I’m done with the antibiotics (only another 8 days) the problem will be solved and I’ll go back to normal. But for now, I’m still occasionally taking ibuprofen for the pain in my head... which is pain in itself. I follow up with my doctor next Thursday, presumably toward the end of my antibiotics run. We’ll see how I’m doing then.


Otherwise, things are pretty good here. I spent some good time talking to people today and I went out to dinner with a group of friends. I went out for wings with two other friends last night and tomorrow night I’m going out for boneless wings with two friends who are moving to North Dakota on Monday for first call. So good quality time with people, in real relationships... good stuff. =)


Ok, more later. But for now, it is probably bed time.


Kate

No comments: