Thursday, August 03, 2006

Off to New York

So tomorrow morning I leave to drive to a Lutheran camp in New York for my friends John and Andrea’s wedding. They are doing a whole weekend at this camp with the wedding ceremony on Saturday afternoon followed by the reception. Then on Sunday morning, they have asked me to preach at worship. Then I’ll leave after worship to drive another ten hours back here.


I’m excited to get out of here and be at camp for the weekend. I am also excited because I’ll get to see some friends I haven’t seen in a while and I’ll be able to spend the whole weekend with them. And, the whole reason for going out there, to see John and Andrea get married. I’m excited for that too.


So, you probably won’t see me for at least a couple of days. But I guess that’s not totally uncommon... I tend to disappear from the blog for days (sometimes weeks) at a time.


Now for the daily medical update. Today is day three on the antibiotics. So far, nothing is getting better, not that I would expect three days to cure me. On top of that, today the headaches were worse than they have been in the past week. They were still better than what I had almost two weeks ago when this all started, but definitely worse than the past week. I’m going to ride out the rest of the antibiotics and go see my doctor next Thursday and hopefully by then the headaches will have completely stopped.


So that’s the story. I preach Sunday and then in chapel on Tuesday... after that all that will probably be left is the one day a week jaunt in the computer lab plus packing to move. I’m not sure where the month of July went let alone the whole summer and the past two years. But I guess that’s how it goes, time just keeps going faster the older you get. =)


Kate


No comments: