Sunday, April 23, 2006

Randomness

It’s been almost a week I believe... or maybe even over a week since I last updated. So, here are some random thoughts from the past week.


It appears that my yellow, New Mexico license plate has attracted more attention lately than I have been aware of before now. Last week, one of the people I ate Easter dinner with made a comment about it - it was a good thing though. He thought our license plates were nicer looking than the boring Ohio plates (even for a bright yellow plate). Then yesterday I was at Target and as I was walking out to my car, I saw a guy standing behind my car looking at my plate. He left and walked to his car, one car over, before I got to mine. Then after I got into mine, he stared at me from his car through the windows of the car that was between our cars. It was kind of weird. What, you’ve never seen anybody from New Mexico before? Think I’ll look different from anybody else? Or do you think that I’m not American or something... that I need a passport to be here? Whatever...


On another, completely unrelated, note, I preached again at Grace today. It went well. Late service was better than early... but I think that’s almost always true. Part of the reason is because I am more awake after early service. This morning I sat down after I was done preaching and thought to myself, what just happened? Even in Sunday School I was zoning out. I need to get more sleep.


I have not had a whole lot of sleep in the last two nights. Part of the problem has been that they have not turned the air conditioning on in the dorms and it has been really warm. So, last night, it started raining in my windows and I had to close them which made my room that much warmer. Thus, it took me at least an hour and a half to fall asleep. I think I’ve had only nine hours of sleep the past two nights with another two and a half in naps yesterday and today. Anyway, the basic issue is that I have had two very early mornings after two really late nights. I’m hoping that tonight will be full of sleep soon and last until at least 7:30 tomorrow morning. That would be very nice...


Ok, I’ll have to write more later... probably more about why I have had two early mornings. But I’m a little tired at the moment, so I’m going to say good night.


Kate (a.k.a. Kata)

No comments: