Saturday, April 15, 2006

Hot?

I have found a Mexican restaurant in Columbus worth my time and money. It’s amazing, I know. But the key perhaps is that this restaurant actually refers to itself as serving New Mexican cuisine. I received the recommendation from one of my professors and his wife. Apparently it is the best they’ve had in Columbus and now I that I’ve finally gotten around to trying it, I agree.


Although, while I was eating, I recalled the differences between Ohio and New Mexico. I ordered blue corn chicken enchiladas with their chile verde sauce. This was supposed to be their hot sauce... let me say that it might, I repeat might, cut it as a medium heat in New Mexico. While I thought the food was good, I wanted to tell them they needed to step up the heat until I remembered where I was. It was kind of deceiving because the interior of the restaurant makes me feel like I’m in New Mexico. They definitely got that part right.


Anyway... I thought I would share my find. But really, I guess I can’t share it over the internet. Maybe I’ll just share my bliss in finding such a restaurant here... something I’ve been craving and seem to only satisfy every time I head back west (which really isn’t all that often).


With all that said... I need to head to bed. It will be an early morning and a long day tomorrow. =)


Kate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three Things:

1st) He Has Risen.

2nd) What is the name of this place?

3rd) You should take your cam, and take some photos of the place to share with the world. LOL.

So you now just found this place, not long before you leave to go on internship. You going to drive back to Columbus just for Mexican Food? Sure beats the drive back to NM. LOL.