Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It's been a very long time!!

I know it’s been a while since I last updated and this means it is probably due for a long update. We’ll see how long this one is, for a variety of reasons. But rest assured, even if this one isn’t all of what probably needs to be written, there will be more.

So when I last wrote we were heading into the end of the quarter. Now, we’re on spring break, the quarter is over and I made it through, but not without some trials along the way. Shortly after I last wrote, I got really sick... again. I had something that manifested itself much like what I had back in December. I woke up two weeks ago (today actually) with nasty chest congestion, extremely tired, and a slight fever. After convincing myself that I shouldn’t go to class (it’s hard to let myself miss class, but the fever convinced me), I went back to bed hoping to wake up and go to my second class. I woke up a couple hours later and took my temperature hoping it had gone down... no such luck. In fact, it had gone up a bit more. At that point I just gave up, e-mailed all my professors and went back to bed for the rest of the day.

Wednesday was a bit better, Thursday was worse because Wednesday night I didn’t get much sleep. All of this set me back in my workload (which was already astronomical) by several days. So, I asked for some help and got an extension on a paper I wound up writing and turning in a day late and then finally my Luke exegetical. I finished everything up over the weekend and early last week except the Luke exegetical which I finally finished last night. I still occasionally have a cough, but really I’m pretty much back to 100 percent now. It did take me about a week and a half to finally feel human again... the stupid illness moved back and forth between my head and my chest for a while. But now I’m better and everything is done, so that’s good.

Then, this past Thursday, I went out to Planks for some karoke with some friends. Around 11:30, in the middle of a song, all of a sudden the power went out. Turns out that a power pole went down. It seems to me that the transformer on the top of the pole shorted out some how and broke the pole right below the transformer which put stress on the bottom of the pole. Others have said that it was lightening, but we didn’t hear any thunder and trust me, we would have heard it if it was lightening. Anyway, we were there for an extra hour and a half because it was right out back where we had parked and they wouldn’t let us anywhere near the car until quite a bit later. I took a picture with my phone... I hope it uploads. If not, then I’ll put it up another way, probably tomorrow.



For now I’m spending break lounging around and working a bit. I’m on call at OSU tonight and I worked in the lab today and will work tomorrow. The cool thing is now that my exegetical is done, I took the second season of 24 to the lab with me and watched four episodes in the four hours I was there today. Easy job - I get paid to watch DVDs!

That’s probably enough for now... look for more later. I hope to get back in the swing of things, but the illness plus school work just wiped out my journaling.

Kate

No comments: