Saturday, March 25, 2006

Internship

In my last post, I wrote something about playing practical jokes on the president of Trinity. Well, he’s more than capable of playing (or at least trying to play) them on me too. So today, it started.


I’ve been expecting this for a while now, and so now it has started. Our beloved president has started to try and play the internship card. Last year, he tried this with my friend Kim and succeeded a bit. He kept walking around and telling her that he knew where she was going. It drove her nuts as she tried to figure out where she was going all the while he was rubbing it in that he knew. So I knew he’d start with me this year... and today was the day. He asked me if I was going to Portland. I shrugged my shoulders and said that I didn’t know. I then asked him if he knew... his response was, “I will never tell.” I said I didn’t want him to tell me, but I was just curious if he knew. “I can keep a secret” was his next response. My next response was, “Me too.”


I left his office and two minutes later he popped into the office I was in and asked me if I was going to Portland. I think the next time he does it, I’m going to say something like, “I was thinking that I might like to go to Chagrin Falls.” Or, “How about Jamestown?” I could just keep mixing it up. Because honestly... I trust the process and the decision has already been made. I will find out on April 12 where I’m going and I’m ok with that. Plus, Wally, my advisor, is on the contextual ed committee and he said that the committee was pleased with the placements. I trust him and I trust the rest of the committee. He knows me pretty well and I’m sure that if there were a problem with my placement, he would have said something. So, I’m confident it will be fine, regardless if I wind up in Portland or not.


So that’s the story. April 12 - then I’ll let you know where I will be next year.


Kate

No comments: