Tuesday, March 21, 2006

New Term

And so I think it is going to be a very good quarter. I have had three of my four classes (the fourth is once a week on Thursday afternoons) and so far I love all three. Two are exegetical classes, one on Romans and the other on Revelation. I love having both of these classes, partially because I’m a big Bible geek. But additionally because Revelation is a huge topic right now and Romans is like the core Lutheran text. Both classes are taught by my advisor, Wally Taylor. He is going to be sick of me by the end of the term... I see him every morning for class in addition to I-group and he’s now technically my boss too. Good thing we get along pretty well.


My third class is Lutheran Identity (Lutheran ID) which I think will be an excellent class. We are diving into the confessions of the Lutheran church and much of that becomes great theological ponderings which I love. So that class should be good. The only class that is still a mystery is Pastoral Care and Counseling. It meets once a week on Thursday afternoons (at least my section) for three and a half hours. As much as I love pastoral care, I think it should be a good class. Plus, I’ve heard good things about the professor (one I have amazingly not had yet). But it remains to be seen.


As much as this week is making the term look like a good one, this week is also busy. I managed to schedule myself to preach twice this week at my MIC site. Once tomorrow (Wednesday) night at our midweek Lenten service and then again on Sunday. I’ve got my sermon for tomorrow written, but now I need to get working on my Sunday sermon. Quick turn around, but I figure it will give me the experience of preaching twice in the same week which will happen when I am in the parish. So how do you handle writing two sermons in the midst of everything? That’s what I’m working on now. So far, it’s working out... but we’ll see how the Sunday sermon goes. =)


I’ll be posting more later, but for now, it’s bed time.


Kate

No comments: