Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Last Week...

The past week has been crazy, but good.

I'll start with Wednesday. Wednesday was Box Day. It was also a crazy busy day. I don't think I really stopped all day - just went from one thing to another. Eventually, that night, we had worship and I got another $166 in donations for my night outside and then changed clothes, moved my box out to the front lawn, and stuck it out for the night.

I hit an amazing window for weather too! It not only warmed up, but transitioned from wet weather Wednesday afternoon to clear skies for the night. It rained for about ten minutes at 7:30 in the morning, but didn't start pouring until after I'd already moved inside at 9 that morning. It then rained almost the entire day on Thursday.

I did sleep in the box, although not as well as I would have in my own bed (obviously). I wound up sleeping for an hour at a time from about 11:30 to 4 then slept pretty much straight through til 7 AM. The local papers (very local) each showed up to take pictures. The Spirit of Bainbridge is apparently putting the story on the front page. I just hope that translates to more donations for Lord of Life.

I was ever grateful for my bed Thursday night when I crawled in. I slept for 11 hours and probably would have kept sleeping had my alarm not gone off yesterday morning. Then I left that afternoon for a first communion retreat at Camp Mowana which was going great until I pretty much broke my ankle.

I was playing basketball and came down wrong on my ankle. The doctor at the ER says he didn't see a break on the x-ray, but because it is so swollen, he's treating it like a break. At the very least, he says, I severed a ligament in my ankle (a very severe sprain). So, now I'm on crutches, have prescription pain meds, and a cast like splint on my ankle. I also am supposed to follow up with an orthopedic doctor. It hurts... but I'll make it through.

The retreat was a blast until that happened. Oh well...

So anyway... that's the deal. It's been an amazing week in some ways and painful in other ways... =)

Kate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, ya, damn. Been there, done that. LOL, I know it sucks, as I am sure you know it sucks. What is it with this family and very crappy ankles. You and I have both done in our ankles many times over, to the point where if they can replace them, I think for us they will have to.

Anyway, sleep well, hope your ankle(s) get better.

PS: Why do I have to find out about this from reading your blog? lol