Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Exciting!

So... lots of exciting stuff happening around here - or at least I'm a bit excited and probably a bit of a geek for being so.

One - I have figured out what I'm doing with my ten dollars! I'm going to sleep in solidarity with my brothers and sisters in Biloxi who don't have houses - I'm spending the night in a cardboard box in hopes that people give me money for the time that I'm out there (kind of like a jog-a-thon when people pledge per minute you run or whatever...). I'm also going to alert the media (local papers, the Plain Dealer, TV stations, radio stations... whoever) and tell them what I'm doing. Then I'll spend the night out on the front lawn at Lord of Life - I'll put up signs and lights so people who drive by can see what I'm doing. I'm also planning to go to the local grocery store or maybe even door to door like the Girl Scouts do to see if people will sponsor me.

So here's my first shameless promotion - please sponsor me! However much you'd like to give would be great... a dollar an hour, five dollars an hour, a flat amount of ten, twenty, or even fifty bucks... maybe more. If you'd like to do so - please send me an e-mail at tiredkate@gmail.com and I'll get you some more information and arrange a way to do that.

So there's that... I'll definitely let you know when I set a date to do this! It will probably be in the next week or two.

We're also moving forward with ministry in the Streetsboro area (ten miles south of Lord of Life). Our team has planned a music night at a local coffee shop down there called Greenie Beanie. Friday, March 16 we'll take over and provide entertainment that evening. It's our first "experiment" and I am hoping that we'll attract people and be able to do it again.

Plus there is all the other general stuff going on - it's Lent, I've been busy preaching my butt off (not necessarily a bad thing). I've written/preached five sermons in the past two and a half weeks - kind of an amazing thing in my mind. And I'm busy organizing a senior high trip to Biloxi in June... and teaching confirmation... and making visits to people (members and visitors to the church). I've also spent time running around, making phone calls, and doing all sorts of odd jobs... I love ministry! I really do. It's a ton of fun (most of the time).

So that's it - that's what I'm excited about. It may be geeky - but I'm excited at the possibilities.

Help us build another house for somebody in Biloxi!!!

Kate

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well tell you what, I am going to start things off with $100.00 dollars. Cus anyone crazy enough to spend a night outside in a box.....O wait, been there done that.

Ok, anyone crazy enought to spend night in box when its still winter in the snow belt for a good cause gets my money, and today (well not literaly) that would be you!

Anyone want to match me? Come on, I dare you! hehehe.

Anonymous said...

PS, remind me in a few days, and I will give you some free plug's on my blog.

Also, I will do it again when it gets closer to the actual event.

PSS: It might be worth a call (IDK if you can call them) to the Today Show, and all the national meida outlets. See how much buz you can freaking create on this.

PSSS: You might be able to get something in for the April news letter here at HCLC, and also might try talking to the Bish of the RMS and see if they would put something on the homepage about it. Hell, you prob have a plug with the head bish, and might be able to get something on the ELCA main page. Who knows, but go for it.

PSSSS: Good Luck!

Kim said...

Kevin - I am not sure I can personally match that, but I will put out word here at the seminary, and get a running collection. I will even put something up in the Life Together piece. Kate, I am for contacting national media - although I am more of a Robin Robert's fan myself, so Good Morning America would be it for me. I'll see what I can find.