Monday, February 06, 2006

At this point...

At this point in the game, I’m starting to think I’m very happy my internship placement is not up to me.


I had my first meeting tonight with a prospective internship supervisor. It went really well. I liked the guy and think he would be a good match as far as being a supervisor. He’s pretty much what I’m looking for in a supervisor, so that’s cool. I’m also excited about his congregation and found the idea of a large suburban congregation that is mission-minded very intriguing. However, in starting to think about the fact this is my first meeting and I have five more to go, I also realize that I am bound to find others I really like. Which leads me to the idea I’m glad I don’t have to decide. Knowing that I am pretty agreeable and work well with many different types of people, I am really glad I don’t have to decide. I think it would be incredibly difficult for me to make a decision.


I am confident the Spirit will match me to the supervisor and congregation I need to be at. For now, I’m excited about talking to more people and seeing what else and who else is out there.


Kate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup - you know the Spirit led you to where you are now, and even though it sounds like a weird switch from engineering to ministry, I'm often amazed at just how well all of your former "lives" lead into and prepare you for this one. I am a firm believer that God knows what he is doing - we just have to let go and let him! (always a difficult one for control freaks like me =)

Love,
Mom

Kim said...

Kate - I felt the same way - although I had some 'No, don't send me there..." thoughts. Who or where did you interview last night?