Sunday, December 10, 2006

Odd...

There came a point last night when I thought to myself, "I'm getting too old for this..."

Last night we had a lock-in for our Sr. High students at Lord of Life and I was a chaperone. After some pizza, we went cosmic bowling until about 12:30 in the morning. I had the thought about getting too old sometime between 11 and midnight... just when I was starting to get sleepy. There were quite a few moments in that particular hour when I thought I wouldn't make it very far into the night and at only 24, I'm getting too old to stay up all night.

So I did what any other sane person in my situation (ok, so maybe sane people don't put themselves into the position I was in last night) would do - I started to consume mass quantities of caffeine. Soon I was doing alright and amazingly enough, I was awake all night and many people this morning told me that I didn't look like I'd stayed up all night at all. Many also told me that I looked better than the kids did (which I think was probably true... I think I felt better as well). Last night and this morning was unusual for me. I am usually seeking a bed around four in the morning at the latest and last night I felt pretty good at 4. I also felt pretty good at 6 and then again at 7... I started to zone out during Sunday School... but I was holding it together (at least I like to think so). So in some ways, I just needed to get through the initial sleepiness and then I was fine. Very odd...

I did come home after worship this morning and crash for a couple of hours. Now I've had dinner and I'm starting to feel pretty sleepy... probably in for an early bedtime tonight.

In other news things are going pretty well around here and I'm having a blast. Getting ready for Christmas and enjoying the Advent season. Plenty of stuff to do, to occupy my time. I've also had a good time in the past week or two hanging out with some friends and getting out a bit. Life's pretty good right now... even if I am sleepy. =)

Kate

No comments: