Monday, January 02, 2006

Start of a New Term

Tomorrow starts a new term. In many ways, it seems like we haven’t been in classes in a really long time, like it is the start of a whole new school year. Granted, it’s been almost three weeks since my last interim class, but really that isn’t that long. I don’t remember the beginning of the winter term last year feeling like I had been away that long and I was out of the country for interim and not in Ohio for over a month. I don’t know what it is really... maybe I miss being in classes. Well, I guess to a certain extent I do.


I am excited about starting classes again tomorrow. I just can’t get away from reading some sort of theology books nor can I really escape theological conversations. It is hard for me to totally turn it off, I really enjoy it. I suppose it’s a good sign, I really enjoy what I’m doing. But I also think about trying to balance work with play... that way I don’t get burned out. I think to a certain extent, it concerns me slightly that I’m not able to completely detach (in the past three weeks I finished one theology book and am about halfway through another in addition to reading a novel) when I’m on vacation. But I also think that if I were getting burned out, I wouldn’t be attracted to it, I wouldn’t want to read the books. But I don’t know... how healthy is it?


Oh well... that’s what’s been on my mind, especially when thinking about the start of the term. One thing I will miss about vacation, sleep. I’ve been getting plenty lately and I’m not sure I’m ready to live on caffeine again. But that’s ok... it will work, it always does. Plus, this term should be quite a bit less hectic than the fall term. Even the type of classes I have lend themselves to a better schedule. Plus, some of the other commitments I had during the fall term either decrease significantly or go away altogether this term. However, in the meantime, there will be others that are increased or come up... but I still think it won’t be as crazy as the fall term was. Let’s just hope that I’m right. =)


Kate

No comments: