Thursday, January 18, 2007

Busy!

I think the past several weeks (read at least a month, probably more) have been the busiest in a while and probably the least successful for me posting anything new up here. It just seems that any time I'm not working, I'm either sleeping or trying my best to have fun to balance out all the work I've been doing. I'm enjoying my job right now, but it's just keeping me so incredibly busy.

I'm in the middle of teaching Revelation. We've had two sessions so far and this Sunday will be my third. We'll then take a week off for the annual meeting and then I'll teach the final three sessions the following three weeks (ending right before Lent begins). So preparing my lessons each week takes a good chunk of time and energy - but I'm having fun. Last week 66 people showed up for my class! 66 people! Up from 50 the week before. It's nuts. But a good kind of nuts. Must be doing something right I guess. If you're interested in the materials I've got up on the web from the past two sessions, click on the following link and look toward the bottom of the page: http://www.loloh.org.

In addition to teaching, I'm preaching this week and then there's always the normal meetings and the like that are keeping me busy. I'll probably post my sermon at some point in the near future (here's hoping I remember/find the time/find the energy to do so). So we'll see.

Last night I went with out seventh grade girls to visit one of our members who has been paralyzed from the neck down since he was 18 (he's now 44) and in a long term care facility. The trip is part of our confirmation program and each of our four groups (8th grade boys/girls, 7th grade boys/girls) make individual trips to see Don. I always enjoy visiting Don and I try to see him every two weeks or so for pastoral visits. Last night was an additional visit and it was a really good visit. Don's always good about laying things out for the kids. He's not afraid of questions either. But the other cool thing is that the visit is mutually beneficial. The kids enjoy getting to know Don and he really enjoys getting to know them. It brings a bright spot to a day that may otherwise be a bit mundane for him, particularly since he's been confined to a bed for the past several months. What was really kind of cool was watching some of the girls connect with Don - especially those I didn't think would. So that was pretty cool.

Well, I'm pretty tired and there's more to do over the next couple of days. So I'm heading to bed.

More later... at some point.

Kate

No comments: