Thursday, November 09, 2006

What a Headline!

My homepage is set to CNN.com partially because I need something with the news in front of me all the time so that I stay at least somewhat connected to the rest of the world. Anyway, when I looked today, I noticed the following headline:

Eunuchs find jobs as tax collectors

I wondered as I read it... have I managed to travel back to Biblical times and what kind of story does this refer to? Come to find out it's some new program in India... I'm really not sure where they got the idea or why it's working... but whatever. There it is... =)

Kate

2 comments:

Kevan D Penvose said...

Hi Kate,

It's been awhile since I've said hi so I thought I'd check in. Anywho...speaking of weird headlines, did you read this one last week?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061104/ap_on_fe_st/armed_and_naked;_ylt=ApewQD_RRgAu3Ue4v6zR5mDMWM0F;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

Weird stuff. Makes you wonder. And provides a nice mental check out from ministry miopia.

Shalom!

Kevan D Penvose said...

bummer.

the link didn't work when i pasted it into the comment box. the headline reads, "Naked Man Arrested for Concealed Weapon."