Monday, August 06, 2007

Leaving

So this is the final week of internship... and I'm making final preparations to leave. This includes packing, wrapping up loose ends and prepping stuff for the next intern, writing a final sermon, and planning all the stuff that needs to happen in the immediate future following the end of internship.

I have incredibly mixed feelings about leaving. On one hand I'm excited to get back to school and see all my friends. I'm also not ashamed to say that I'm kind of excited about getting back into the classroom. But (and this is a big but), I am also very sad to be leaving here. I have some great friends up here and it's hard to leave them. It is also hard to leave the congregation and the work (even as much as I'm excited about getting back into the classroom). It's hard...

At the moment, I think all the work that needs to be done has kept me occupied so I don't have to think about leaving so much. But that may mean a very sad, sad Sunday morning. But the good news is, this isn't good bye forever - it's really just so long. And it's only 2 hours up here from Columbus. =)

No comments: